Monday, May 21, 2007

Dumping Distractions

It is a glorious monday morning, filled with ample possibility for a wildly successful and productive day. There's clarity, focus and direction - I've made sure that's there, so it should work - right??

Well yes, of course, I have a great plan.....and yet.....moment by moment there are little nagging distractions that take me away from that clarity, focus and direction. And they pop up all the time.

Here's a partial list - we all have our own....

phone
email
websurfing
eating
stuff on the desk
thoughts that come up
feelings that start surfacing
good weather
bad weather
family

What happens when any of these distractions pop up? Well mostly they throw us off our path, sometimes the distraction leads us to something great, and even better, but often they slow us down in whatever direction we're headed. I sometimes think that the distractions are helping all to become ADD. (think about it, it was much easier to focus when there were fewer distractions - remember the 50's? teehee.....)

Right now, today, I'm going to think about what ALL my distractions are. Then I'll think about how to dump 'em, or move 'em away.

What about you?

No comments: